People who viewed this item also viewed: 109225, 144700, 140230, 144695, 113997
Model Information: Introduced in 2016 by Broadway Limited Imports, this model features:
- Die Cast Body (ABS add-on parts) with Heavy Die Cast chassis for max. tractive effort;
- ALL-NEW N Scale Paragon3 with Rolling ThunderTM SOUND & Control System (Rolling ThunderTM transmitter onboard);
- Integral DCC Decoder with Back EMF for Industry Best Slow Speed Operation in DC and DCC;
- Precision Drive Mechanism engineered for continuous heavy load towing and smooth slow speed operation;
- Powerful Motor;
- Premium Caliber Painting with Authentic Paint Schemes;
- Prototypical Light Operation with Golden White LED Headlight, Rear Light;
- Couplers: (2) MicroTrains #1015;
- Many Separately Applied Details;
- Minimum radius: 9.75 radius or greater recommended.
Prototype Info by BLI: Meet the winner of the horsepower race: the GE AC6000CW with 6000 hp under the hood - thats more than the Big Boys were able to do. They are about 76 ft. long from coupler face to coupler face and are often run in pairs. On today's railroads, they are the king of the hill! BLI is producing these monsters from GEs Erie, PA plant and our models do them justice. BLI's new Paragon3 N Scale AC6000s more than do their life-sized prototypes justice.
DCC Information: Factory equipped with BLI Paragon 3 Sound decoder.
Operates in DC & DCC (use DCMaster for DC sound)
- 2 Selectable Bells
- 3 playable horns
- 1 long, non-looped horn
- 1 alternate horn for locomotives with a second horn
- 4 Times Expanded Autopilot storage
- Expanded Startup and Shutdown sequences
- 2 Watt Audio output
- 84 db signal to noise ratio
- 16 bit audio resolution
- 24 sounds with separate volume control
- Unmatched frequency response as low as 20 Hz when paired with Rolling ThunderTM subwoofer kit
- 8 simultaneously playable audio channels
- Functional Dynamic Brake with Grid Blower sounds
- Improved motor control in DC and DCC
- Motor short circuit protection
- Works with NMRA standard DCC controllers
- Automatic Dual Mode: Works with DC power packs or DCC
The GE AC6000CW was developed around the same time as both the C44-9W and the AC4400CW in the mid-1990s, and shares a number of components as well as visual appearance with them. General Electric worked in conjunction with renowned engine manufacturer Deutz-Motoren Werke Mannheim (MWM) of Germany to design and construct the 6,250 hp (4,660 kW) 7HDL engine for the locomotives. Due to several issues with this engine, the second run for UP was actuality delivered with the older, proven 7FDL engine, rated for 4,400 hp (3,300 kW). CSX later re-powered several of their AC6000CX with the more environmental-friendly GEVO-16 engine; these units are capable of 5,800 hp (4,300 kW) but are rated at 4,600 hp (3,400 kW) and classified as CW46AH.
The concept of a powerful single locomotive to haul a train was appealing on the paper, but revealed not to be successful, partly because of the technical issues encountered by these engines, and as well because actually two or more locomotives are globally more reliable in case one fails.
Read more on:
- Trains And Locomotives Wiki
- Locomotives Wiki
Road Name History:
Broadway Limited Imports is composed of a team of 15 fun loving individuals who are dedicated to creating the most realistic model railroading experience possible, with the best customer service possible.
The Broadway Limited Imports headquarters is located in Ormond Beach, Florida at 9 East Tower Circle. It's just under an hour's drive from Disney World.
About Broadway Limited Imports.
Item created by: Alain LM on 2018-05-12 05:03:23. Last edited by Alain LM on 2018-07-09 07:42:49
If you see errors or missing data in this entry, please feel free to log in and edit it. Anyone with a Gmail account can log in instantly.