Type the text to search here and press Enter.
Separate search terms by a space; they will all be searched individually in all fields of the database.

Click on Search: to go to the advanced search page.

Transportation Company - Lyria - Railroad

Please help support TroveStar. Why?

Transportation Company - Lyria - Railroad
Company Name Lyria
Company Web Site Link
Category Railroad
Year Founded 2002
Country France (Details)
Source of Text Wikipedia
Text Credit URL Link
Transportation Company - Lyria - Railroad

Company History: TGV Lyria is the brand name used for TGV railway lines connecting France and Switzerland. Lyria is also a corporation that runs the service using the staff of SNCF in France and Swiss Federal Railways (SBB CFF FFS) in Switzerland – the staff consists of one French and one Swiss train manager on the whole journey.

Initially, the corporation was a Groupement d'Intérêt Economique (GIE) (Joint Venture) between SNCF and SBB CFF FFS whose goal was the creation of a TGV service between Gare de Lyon (Paris) and Lausanne/Bern. Today, the corporation is officially a limited company according to French law (Société par actions simplifiée / SAS). SNCF owns 74% of the capital and SBB CFF FFS the remaining 26%.

The GIE was created for the first time on 23 May 1993, to operate the segments between Paris and Lausanne/Bern. These trains were branded as TGV des Neiges. On 28 September 1997 the service was slightly reorganized and rebranded as Ligne de Cœur, with new livery applied to the rolling stock. On 4 March 2002 the name Lyria was applied for the first time to the service. The name then slowly came to stand for all TGV services between France and Switzerland and was applied to Paris–Geneva trains around January 2005.

Brief History:
France is one of Europe’s largest countries. It is bordered by six countries other nations: Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg to the northeast, Switzerland and Italy to the southeast and Spain to the southwest. The United Kingdom borders France via the English Channel. The country is considered to be the gateway to Europe as there are several large international airports (two of these can be found in Paris), ferry terminals and the French rail service.

In 486, Frankish tribes unified under Merovingian kingship. In 843, Western Francia was established from the division of the Carolingian Empire. In 1789, the French monarchy was overthrown, and in 1792, the First French Republic was founded. In 1958, the Fifth French Republic was established.

Item Links: We found: 2 different collections associated with Lyria - Railroad
Item created by: Alain LM on 2018-12-27 14:51:31. Last edited by Alain LM on 2018-12-27 14:54:58

If you see errors or missing data in this entry, please feel free to log in and edit it. Anyone with a Gmail account can log in instantly.