Search:
Type the text to search here and press Enter.
Separate search terms by a space; they will all be searched individually in all fields of the database. Click on Search: to go to the advanced search page.
Classifieds Only: Check this box if you want to search classifieds instead of the catalog.
Please help support TroveStar. Why?

Broadway Limited - 1661 - Locomotive, Diesel, EMD E6 - Milwaukee Road - 15B

This item is not for sale. This is a reference database.
N Scale - Broadway Limited - 1661 - Locomotive, Diesel, EMD E6 - Milwaukee Road - 15B Image Courtesy of Broadway Limited Imports
Click on any image above to open the gallery with larger images.
Sell this item on TroveStar
Sell
Add a comment about this item.
It will be visible at the bottom of this page to all users.
Comment

0
Stock Number1661
Original Retail Price$199.99
BrandBroadway Limited
ManufacturerBroadway Limited Imports
Body StyleBroadway Limited Diesel Engine E6 (A+B Units)
Image Provider's WebsiteLink
Prototype VehicleLocomotive, Diesel, EMD E6 (Details)
Road or Company NameMilwaukee Road (Details)
Road or Reporting Number15B
Paint Color(s)Orange and Gray
Print Color(s)White
Coupler TypeMT Magne-Matic Knuckle
Coupler MountBody-Mount
Wheel TypeChemically Blackened Metal
Wheel ProfileSmall Flange (Low Profile)
Series NameParagon2
DCC ReadinessDC/DCC Dual Mode Decoder w/Sound
Release Date2012-05-01
Item CategoryLocomotives
Model TypeDiesel
Model SubtypeEMD
Model VarietyE6A
Prototype RegionNorth America
Prototype EraNA Era III: Transition (1939 - 1957)
Years Produced1939–1942
Scale1/160



Model Information: This model was introduced in 2012 and re-run in 2015 and 2018. When sold in A-B sets, the B-unit is dummy (no motor, no sound).
  • Slow-speed operation in DC and DCC
  • Prototypical light operation with headlight and cab light
  • All-wheel drive and all-wheel electrical pick-up
  • Operating knuckle couplers
  • Near brass-caliber detail at a plastic price
  • ABS plastic body with heavy die cast chassis for maximum tractive effort
  • Precision gearing
  • 5-pole can motor with skew wound armature and dual fly wheels
  • Locomotive Length (coupler to coupler): 5.5 inches
  • Locomotive Weight: 4 oz
  • Many separately applied details such as handrails, ladders, whistle
  • Will Operate on Codes 55, 70, and 80 rail
  • Recommended Minimum Radius: 9.75 inches
DCC Information: Factory equipped with BLI Paragon 2 DCC/Sound decoder. Upgraded to Paragon 3 as of 2018 release.
  • All new Paragon2 sound and control system
  • Integral DC/DCC dual mode decoder for ease of operation
  • Authentic EMD E6 sounds! Controllable in DC and DCC.
  • Record & Play Operation - Records and plays back sounds and movements once or repeatedly for automatic operation
  • 16-bit Sample Rate for exceptional high frequency sound clarity
  • Playback Whistle for multiple whistle lengths and patterns
  • Choice of 3 selectable Horns
  • Alternate Whistle / Horn where applicable for locomotive with air horn and steam whistle - both the main whistle and alternate can be easily played
  • Adjustable bell ringing interval for faster or slower bell
  • Numerous user-mappable functions with available keys
  • Johnson Bar Sound at Direction Change
  • Several Ambient Sounds - Controlled with Function Key
  • Demo Mode for display and demonstrations
  • Grade Crossing Signal - Controlled with Function Key
  • Simple Programming with Integral DCC Decoder
  • Automatic Forward / Reverse Signal - When activated, stopping triggers and stop whistle toot. When moving forward from a stopped position, toots twice. When moving in reverse. toots three times.
  • Chuff sound intensity varies with load
  • Individually adjustable sound volumes for each effect
  • EZ Reset Button for quick return to factory default settings
Prototype History:
The EMD E6 was a 2,000-horsepower (1,500 kW), A1A-A1A, passenger train locomotive manufactured by Electro-Motive Corporation, and its corporate successor, General Motors Electro-Motive Division, of La Grange, Illinois. The cab version, E6A, was manufactured from November 1939 to September 1942; 91 were produced. The booster version, E6B, was manufactured from April 1940 to February 1942; 26 were produced. The 2,000-horsepower (1,500 kW) was achieved by putting two 1,000-horsepower (750 kW), 12-cylinder, model 567 engines in the engine compartment. Each engine drove its own electrical generator to power the traction motors. The E6 was the seventh model in a long line of passenger diesels of similar design known as EMD E-units

From Wikipedia
Read more on American-Rails.com
Road Name History:
First of all, Milwaukee Road has only ever been a popular nickname. The real name from 1874 was Chicago Milwaukee & St. Paul. For the next 36 years, the CM&StP linked Chicago with Milwaukee, Green Bay, Madison, Wausau, the Twin Cities, Duluth, Kansas City and Omaha with a dense network of branches in Wisconsin, Iowa, southern Minnesota and eastern South Dakota. Essentially, the lines ended at the Missouri River.

With a dearth of friendly western connections, CM&StP decided to build their own line to the Pacific. The original target was the bustling megalopolis of Eureka, California. However, they built toward Seattle instead. In 1909 the line opened. Along the way, they served Miles City, Lewiston, Great Falls, Harlowton and Butte, Montana; Avery, Idaho; and Spokane, Seattle and Tacoma, Washington. In 1912, they began to electrify two long segments, Harlowton, Montana to Avery, Idaho and Othello, Washington to Tacoma.

In 1921, they leased the Chicago Terre Haute & Southeastern and a bit later the Chicago Milwaukee & Gary to reach the coal fields of southern Indiana. Both roads were in trouble and dragged the CM&StP into receivership. In 1928, they emerged with a small name change. It was now the Chicago Milwaukee St. Paul & Pacific. Right after that, the nickname “Milwaukee Road” began to catch on.

The three Class One’s that already served the Pacific Northwest, Northern Pacific, Great Northern (along with their jointly owned minion Spokane Portland & Seattle) and Union Pacific were not pleased with their new neighbor and avoided building interchanges with them unless absolutely necessary. This left Milwaukee to haul whatever traffic they could originate or terminate on their own line or via a hand full of shortlines with which they interchanged. This is why when you see photos of Milwaukee Road trains west of the Dakotas, an exceptionally large majority of cars are lettered for Milwaukee Road.

Milwaukee’s steam fleet is generally quite handsome beginning with the period after WWI. Many locomotives were built in their own shops. The steam era came to an end on the Milwaukee in 1957.

The electrified lines were ruled by boxcabs and Bi-Polars for decades. In the 1950’s, Little Joe’s diverted from the Soviet Union arrived on the Milwaukee (and the South Shore.) By the late 60’s diesels began to regularly invade the electrified lines. Little Joes and diesels were MU’ed. The aging catenary could only handle so many electrics at a time so diesels filled the horsepower gap. By 1972, falling traffic, a declining fleet of serviceable electrics and the deteriorating catenary caused Milwaukee Road to de-energize the western lines lines with Avery to Harlowton lines following two years later.

Meanwhile on the east end, as a condition of the 1971 merger of Monon into L&N, Milwaukee Road received trackage rights from Chicago to Louisville. This gave Southern a friendly connection to Chicago it was losing with Monon.

In 1977, Milwaukee Road entered receivership again. This time, radical restructuring was needed. In 1980, everything west of Miles City, Montana was abandoned. Some lines were picked up by connections or spawned new shortlines but nearly 1,000 miles of track was pulled up. In 1982, Miles City to Ortonville, Minnesota was abandoned. Milwaukee was concentrating on their pre-1909 routes plus the new line to Louisville.

In an attempt to win back middle distance TOFC traffic, Milwaukee began running fast and short piggyback trains, usually behind a single SD40-2 and with a dozen or so 89’ flats. Unit coal trains added to the bottom line. By the mid-80s, the streamlined Milwaukee Road was up for sale and Grand Trunk Western, Chicago & North Western and Soo Line got into a bidding war. GTW had diverted 40,000 cars onto Milwaukee Road between Chicago and Duluth to help them turn a profit in 1983. Ironically, the ICC (which controlled mergers at the time) pushed GTW out of the contest leaving just C&NW and Soo. Furious, GTW diverted their 40,000 carloads off the Milwaukee. C&NW outbid Soo, but the ICC chose Soo Line anyway. Milwaukee Road merged into Soo Line in 1985. Almost immediately, Soo shops began painting big black rectangles over MILWAUKEE ROAD on the diesels, giving birth to the “bandit” paint scheme.
Brand/Importer Information:
Broadway Limited Imports, LLC defines itself as "the world's foremost producer of top-quality HO and N scale model trains".

The company was founded in 2002 and introduced its first N scale model in 2009.

Broadway Limited Imports is composed of a team of 15 fun loving individuals who are dedicated to creating the most realistic model railroading experience possible, with the best customer service possible.

The Broadway Limited Imports headquarters is located in Ormond Beach, Florida at 9 East Tower Circle. It's just under an hour's drive from Disney World.

About Broadway Limited Imports.
Item created by: Alain LM on 2020-04-29 08:31:17. Last edited by Alain LM on 2020-04-29 08:31:18

If you see errors or missing data in this entry, please feel free to log in and edit it. Anyone with a Gmail account can log in instantly.