People who viewed this item also viewed: 113010, 146325, 96569, 20412, 140276
Model Information: The Duplex Sleeper is available with partial skirting or with fixed steps, as appropriate.
- Super-detailed underbody
- Body-mounted Micro-Trains(r) couplers
- Fixed steps or partial skirts, as appropriate
- All air, steam and electrical lines represented Insulated 36″ metal wheelsets (no pizza cutters!)
- "Easy-Peasy" battery-powered interior lighting
- Flush windows with painted gaskets and shades
- Full interior detail including armrests and headrests
- Diaphragms with etched brass end gates
- Painted metal roof grab irons applied at the factory
- Multiple car names and/or numbers per paint scheme
- Will operate smoothly on curves down to 9-3/4″ radius
- Super-detailled 41-N-11 Inside Swinghanger or 41-BNO-11 Outside Swinghanger trucks as appropriate for each roadname and car type.
The Duplex Sleeper is Pullman plan number 4124, a CN and Great Northern prototype with 4 sections, 8 duplex roomettes and 4 bedrooms. Several railroads throughout North America had similar duplex sleepers, and our car is painted in a variety of paint schemes.
Pullman plan number 4124, was used by both the CN and Great Northern railroads. It featured 4 sections, 8 duplex roomettes and 4 bedrooms. Several railroads throughout North America had similar duplex sleepers, and this car was painted in a variety of paint schemes.
Road Name History:
The Liggett's Gap Railroad was incorporated on April 7, 1832, but stayed dormant for many years. It was chartered on March 14, 1849, and organized January 2, 1850. On April 14, 1851, its name was changed to the Lackawanna and Western Railroad. The line, running north from Scranton, Pennsylvania, to Great Bend, just south of the New York state line, opened on December 20, 1851. From Great Bend the L&W obtained trackage rights north and west over the New York and Erie Rail Road to Owego, New York, where it leased the Cayuga and Susquehanna Railroad to Ithaca on Cayuga Lake (on April 21, 1855). The C&S was a re-organized and partially re-built Ithaca and Owego Railroad, which had opened on April 1, 1834, and was the oldest part of the DL&W system. The whole system was built to 6 ft (1,829 mm) broad gauge, the same as the New York and Erie, although the original I&O was built to standard gauge and converted to wide gauge when re-built as the C&S.
The Delaware and Cobb's Gap Railroad was chartered December 4, 1850, to build a line from Scranton east to the Delaware River. Before it opened, the Delaware and Cobb's Gap and Lackawanna and Western were consolidated by the Lackawanna Steel Company into one company, the Delaware, Lackawanna and Western Railroad, on March 11, 1853. On the New Jersey side of the Delaware River, the Warren Railroad was chartered February 12, 1851, to continue from the bridge over the river southeast to Hampton on the Central Railroad of New Jersey. That section got its name from Warren County, the county through which it would primarily run.
In the wake of Hurricane Diane in 1955, all signs pointed to continued financial decline and eventual bankruptcy for the DL&W. Among other factors, property taxes in New Jersey were a tremendous financial drain on the Lackawanna and other railroads that ran through the state, a situation that would not be remedied for another two decades.
To save his company, Lackawanna president, Perry Shoemaker, sought and won a merger agreement with the Erie Railroad, the DL&W's longtime rival (and closest geographical competitor). The merger was formally consummated on October 17, 1960. Shoemaker drew much criticism for it, and would even second-guess himself after he had retired from railroading. He later claimed to have had a "gentlemen's agreement" with the E-L board of directors to take over as president of the new railroad. After he was pushed aside in favor of Erie managers, however, he left in disillusionment and became the president of the Central Railroad of New Jersey in 1962.
Read more on Wikipedia.
The name RAPIDO was introduced by Canadian National in 1965 to headline the railway's high-speed intercity passenger services. Until the mid-1980s, RAPIDO stood for fast schedules, frequent trains, and superb service.
Today, Rapido Trains continues the RAPIDO concept with state-of-the-art models and attention to fine detail. This company is not related to the venerable (and now defunct) German manufacturer Arnold Rapido, nor the present-day Arnold (which is owned by the United Kingdom's Hornby), Canadian based Rapido Trains was founded in 2003.
Item created by: Alain LM on 2016-07-17 06:37:37. Last edited by gdm on 2018-05-29 08:56:11
If you see errors or missing data in this entry, please feel free to log in and edit it. Anyone with a Gmail account can log in instantly.