Search:
Type the text to search here and press Enter.
Separate search terms by a space; they will all be searched individually in all fields of the database. Click on Search: to go to the advanced search page.

Transportation Company - Lineas - Railroad

Please help support TroveStar. Why?
Transportation Company - Lineas - Railroad
Click on any image above to open the gallery with larger images.
Add a comment about this item.
It will be visible at the bottom of this page to all users.
Comment
Company NameLineas
Company Web SiteLink
CategoryRailroad
Year Founded2011
CountryBelgium (Details)
Source of TextWikipedia
Text Credit URLLink



Company History: Lineas the largest private rail freight operator in Europe with headquarters in Belgium and sites in France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands and Spain. The Federal Holding and Investment Company (Federale Participatie- en Investeringsmaatschappij) holds 10% of the shares. Private equity group Argos Wityu and the management of Lineas together hold the remaining 90%.

Lineas is responsible for the transport of goods by rail. The company has proclaimed its ambition to realise a ‘modal shift’in Europe, moving freight off the road and onto rail.

In 2014, Lineas launched the Green Xpress Network (GXN) with 23 rail connections between European stations. GXN combines different types of freight into a single train.From Wikipedia
Brief History:
Belgium, a country in Western Europe, is known for medieval towns, Renaissance architecture and as headquarters of the European Union and NATO. The country has distinctive regions including Dutch-speaking Flanders to the north, French-speaking Wallonia to the south and a German-speaking community to the east. The bilingual capital, Brussels, has ornate guildhalls at Grand-Place and elegant art-nouveau buildings.

Item Links: We found: 2 different collections associated with Lineas - Railroad
Item created by: CNW400 on 2022-10-06 13:27:43

If you see errors or missing data in this entry, please feel free to log in and edit it. Anyone with a Gmail account can log in instantly.